Enjoy tax savings with DTDi, which provides 200% tax deduction on eligible expenses for supported market expansion and investment development activities.
DTDi supports activities across key stages of your company’s overseas growth journey, including:
You can automatically claim 200% tax deduction on the first S$100,000 of eligible expenses for these four activities below per year of assessment. No prior approval from IE Singapore is required. Expenditure exceeding S$100,000 will still require IE Singapore's approval.
- Overseas business development trips and missions
- Overseas investment study trips and missions
- Overseas trade fairs
- Local trade fairs approved by IE Singapore or STB
You will need to maintain documentation as proof of expenditure and purpose, should IRAS query. These include purpose and itinerary of the trip, list of companies met, invoices and receipts of the qualifying expenses.
Employee Overseas Posting
The DTDi scheme also includes qualifying salary expenses incurred for employees posted overseas in an overseas entity. This incentive is open to applications until 31 March 2020.
View the full DTD – Employee Overseas Posting Circular here.
Who can apply?
- Businesses must be resident and carrying on business in Singapore with the primary purpose of promoting the trade of goods or provision of services.
- Businesses which are enjoying discretionary incentives may also be allowed to qualify for the DTDi scheme on a case-by-case basis, subject to approval by IE Singapore or Singapore Tourism Board (“STB”). Incentivised businesses must have their global headquarters in Singapore with the primary purpose of trading in goods or providing services, and intend to internationalise.
How to apply?
Submit your application online with your SingPass for activities:
- that do not fall under automatic DTDi
- with quantum exceeding the first S$100,000 for that year of assessment under automatic DTDi
Applications must be submitted before project commencement. Click here for answers to FAQs about online application and evaluation forms.
If you are a new DTD user, register here
For existing DTD users, login here
We will process your application upon receipt of complete information. We may request supporting documents to verify the eligible expenses in your application.
For approved applications, please submit your evaluation forms to us upon project completion. We will then proceed to issue a Letter of Support for you to support your claims with Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS).
Attach the Letter of Support from IE to IRAS when filing the company’s annual income tax return. All other relevant supporting documents (like invoices, receipts, etc), should be compiled by the company to support your claims should IRAS request for them.
IRAS will assess if the expenses submitted qualify for tax deductions.
To find out more
Call us at 1800-IESPORE (1800-437 7673) or +65 6337 6628, or
Email us here
Learn more about how DTDi can benefit you and view the full list of supportable activities here.